- State your objective in bold lettering above your greeting:
Example: Trained and Experienced Accountant Ready For Immediate Hire
- Get right to the point. Show the employer that you are familiar with the position he or she wants to fill and are fully qualified for the work it requires.
Example: I welcome the opportunity to demonstrate, as Manager of the Accounting Department, what I can do to increase efficiency, introduce more productive ways of doing business, and improve the company's bottom line.
- Mention your experience. I worked for Sloan and Sons for five years as the Assistant Manager of the accounting department and received three outstanding company service' awards during my tenure there.
- Acknowledge the hiring manager for his or her time.
Example: Thank you for taking time to review my cover letter and resume. I appreciate this opportunity.
- Ask for an in-person interview.
Example: May I meet with you in person? I'll be happy to come to your office or get together off-site, as you prefer, at any time that is convenient for you. Feel free to call my home or office: 888-888-8888.
There you have it--a list of ingredients that will catch the eye of a hiring manager who is serious about interviewing qualified people for a job he or she is eager to fill. YOU can be that person by writing a cover letter that wins the job interview--and a job offer.
- Jimmy Sweeney
Jimmy Sweeney is the president of CareerJimmy and author of the brand new "Secret Career Document" job landing system. Jimmy is also the author of several career related books and writes a monthly article titled, "Job Search Secrets." Visit our friends at Job Interview "Secret" and discover Jimmy Sweeney's breakthrough strategy that will have you standing out from the competition like a Harvard graduate at a local job fair... DURING your next job interview.
Jimmy is also author of the brand new, "Amazing Cover Letter Creator." Visit our friends at Amazing Cover Letters for your "instant" cover letter today. "In just 3½ minutes you will have an amazing cover letter guaranteed to cut through YOUR competition like a hot knife through butter!"