- The selected candidate will provide support to client's Aircraft Design and Manufacturing Engineering (ADME) organization as member of the ADME Core Services group.
- The ADME Core Services group supplements ADME?s technical engineering expertise with best-in-class project execution capabilities enabling it to excel in meeting defined business objectives. The Project Management element of Core Services focuses on providing Earned Value specialists able to support program CAMs in the management of earned value (EV) related tasks for ADME?s Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) on critical development programs.
- Help program CAMs to manage ADME program engineering IPTs through key aspects of their Earned Value Management (EVM) lifecycle, including detail planning, monthly status, change request creation, variance and ETC analysis, bottom-up EACs, and other program specific performance reviews. The EV Specialist will guide and support the IPTs in best practices for these efforts including:
a. Laying out and tracking team to schedules needed to support timely and quality completion
b. Reviewing their EV work products as they develop and directing the team in improvements
c. Coaching the team through relevant EV, from high level theory to specific best practice approaches to their tasks, and developing the team?s knowledge base along the way
d. Providing the team with advanced EV data analysis/reports such as staffing distributions during planning cycles and TCPI vs CPI variances during bottom up EACs.
e. Become competent in new enterprise tool/process roll-out and ensure IPT CAMs are versed in the tools/processes and actively engaged in usage.
f. At the conclusion of key efforts the Specialist will orchestrate appropriate one-off review meetings wherein the IPT presents its work to its functional management for approval and awareness. The specialist will ensure both key findings (such as risks, scope issues, cost increases) and any data quality issues with the team?s EV work, are fully addressed with management in the reviews.
- Outside of discrete efforts mentioned in 1), the Specialist will guide the IPT (at a lower but still continuous level) in accurate and effective EVM. Including:
a. Conception and execution of monthly reports on:
i. The IPT?s EV data quality (CEI, month-to-month ETC, month-to-month schedule slippage, TCPI vs CPI)
ii. The IPT?s EV performance (SPI, CPI, VAC, identify high drivers)
iii. The IPT?s variance avoidance and mitigation plans (SVAR recovery, 120 day look ahead, CR progress)
b. Analysis of those reports, communication of key findings, and providing direction to IPT on how to address key findings
c. Facilitating monthly or quarterly data quality and performance reviews with functional management
- Feedback lessons learned, challenges experienced, and new best practices to Core Services Lead in support of standardization of EVM best practices across ADME and client.
- The selected candidate may be called upon to support other elements of the Core Services organization on occasion depending on development program priorities and the candidate?s skills. These areas could include support of supplier management, sourcing, ITC and requirements development activities.
- BS in business or engineering (engineering background preferred)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a project management role
- Experience with earned value management and earned value practices
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and working level team members
- Highly motivated and flexible individual with a track record of demonstrated results
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6. Experience with Deltek wInsight software is a plus.
- Strong MS Excel, Word & Power Point skills. Experience with MS Access is a plus.
- Background Check
- Drug screen
- US Citizen or Green Card holder