Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Web Designer for a CONTRACT assignment with one of our premier clients in Jacksonville, FL.
Generally responsible for the look, feel, operation, and functionality of a commercial website. Designs and constructs web pages/sites and applications including incorporating graphic user interface features and other techniques. Contributes to the design group's efforts to enhance the appeal of the organization's online offerings. Designs the website to support the organization's strategies and goals relative to external communications.
- Designs internal and external web pages, including layout, user interface graphics, navigation, and graphics for new product release and new web-hosted product offering.
- Works closely with Web Developer on coding to integrate text, graphics, sound, and/or video and then the Web Administrator to implement pages or applications into production.
- Assures web server and site technical performance.
- Performs development and maintenance programming for web pages and web applications and performs web usability testing.
- Develops, assesses and communicates website usage and security policies and standards.
- May perform limited amount of Web programming and coding.
- Provides technical assistance to Site Administrators.
- May assist in the planning of overall company strategy involving Internet usage.
- May make hardware and/or software purchasing recommendations or decisions regarding web development.
- May perform overall administration of sites at a company-wide level.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Develops large and/or complex websites that require analysis and research using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools.
- Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert.
- Requires understanding of web-based technologies and thorough knowledge of HTML code, browsers, ASP pages, object-oriented technology, and/or other design-related or graphics applications.
- Coaches and mentors more junior technical staff.
- Works under minimal supervision on complex projects with wide latitude for independent judgment.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com.
- Typically requires seven (7) years or more years of demonstrated web design experience.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Proficiency in application web design
- Proficiency in HTML design and all versions of HTML programming
- Knowledge of a wide range of interface design, development and debugging tools, techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of the processes, phases, and roles relevant to common development methodologies
- Knowledge of testing tools and quality control requirements
- Knowledge of potential performance and security issues
- Knowledge of advantages and disadvantages of operating systems (e.g., Unix, Windows) and of various browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla Foxfire, etc.)
- Proficiency in VB and Java scripting
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Proficiency in graphic design software (e.g., Adobe Photo Shop, Illustrator, Image Ready, Go Live, Cyber Studio, Flash).
- Proficiency to effectively analyze and synthesize information, identify alternatives and select an effective solution
- Knowledge to design and demonstrate the efficient, user friendly and visually appealing screens
- Proficiency to resolve program problems using diagnostic tools and facilities
- Proficiency to write basic test scripts for system as designed
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various s levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency.