Role: Project Procurement Engineer (Agent)
- Execute capital project sourcing for Architectural, Engineering, and Construction services
- Supports Project Procurement Manager (PPM) in developing Project Procurement Plans (PPP) and supports in Project Souring and Contracting tasks as required.
- Is part of the project organization with direct responsibility (reporting) to PPM.
- Supports PPM in leading external project procurement support.
- Negotiates and finalizes sourcing contracts together with the Project Manager (PM), PPM and/or delegated project Bid Review Team (BRT) members.
- Provide support as needed regarding budget, schedule and claim management with the PPM, PM and PCE
- Receives the contract after signature for starting contract administration tasks.
- Supports management of supplier claims along with PM/PCE as needed.
- Ensures that the Supplier Assessment process is completed as applicable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Legal, Architectural, Engineering, and Construction principles
- Good knowledge of legal language
- Strong coordination and communication skills
- Prepared to travel to project locations
- Good presenter
- Detailed and precise worker
- Communication and responsiveness:
- Structured communication with concentration on key topics
- Very good negotiation skills
- Works on complex tasks on own authority
- Complexity management:
- Understands the different aspects, interfaces and relationships within the Sourcing and Contracts Process and actively uses this knowledge.
- Result orientation:
- Develops and executes plans and achieves the defined results
- Recognizes business needs and defines goals accordingly Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, Engineering or related field of study.
- Working towards or has active CPM,IACCM, PE or equivalent preferred preferred
- 5-8 years of procurement experience in implementing large capital investment projects
- Proficiency with SAP, Powerpoint, Google Suite, Excel, Ariba
- Have strong relationship building skills, internally and externally
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, works extremely well in a team environment, able to adhere to highest ethical standards
- Process oriented, yet flexible, with strong analytical skills and creative problem solving capabilities
- Travel required (20%)
Associated and other Functions
- Consults the PM and the PMT in contractual issues.
- Ensures that the Contracts Process is carried out in accordance with the Contracts Guideline and the Contract Plan.
- Manages the interface to local procurement and law department(s) with regard to the Contracting Process.
- Leads and participates in the Contracts
- Manages the operations and transactional procurement of goods and services for CAPEX projects and will support the key purchasing interface between suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Review and analyze purchase requisitions to ensure competitive pricing and supplier selection based on a delivering maximum value.
- Uses professional procurement and financial concepts.
- Provides analytical work to assigned area.
- Manages, organizes, and analyzes data or other information.
- Follows established procedures working with minimal supervision.
- Prepares, Sends, and Receives the Pre-Qualification Documents to potential vendors.
- Prepares the Pre-Qualification Summary with the information and results of the BRT.
- Prepares, Sends and Receives the Project specific invitation to bid documents.
- Leads the clarification meetings with the top bidders and the final clarification together with the PM.
- Compiles the Award Recommendation.
- Informs selected Contractor and unsuccessful bidders together with the PM.
- Prepares and compiles the Contract for signature.
- Introduces the PM, PCE and other relevant project personnel to the Contract.
- Files Contracting documentation and disposes obsolete documents.
- Supports PM in case of disputes and/or claims.
- Supports PM in case of necessary Contract amendments.
- Conducts Contract Reviews.
- Supports CE and PM in case of disputes and/or claims.
- Supports CE and PM in case of necessary Contract amendments.