Major direct client is looking for a Senior EDI Analyst for their Latham, NY location. This is a 6-9 months contract assignment.
The Senior Technical Analyst performs as a subject matter expert to support clients business process requirements and produce technical specifications, project documentation and coordinate development activities with global development teams. This is a customer facing role and requires excellent communications skills and the ability to manage priorities across multiple projects. As the lead analyst on projects she/he also provides overall leadership to analyst and mapping teams by setting priorities, technical direction and ensuring consistent quality deliverables and best practices are followed.
* Interpret business requirements and produce technical specifications for map development.
* Work cross-functionally to define implementation design and functional requirements definition.
* Provide consulting services to customer on mapping correlations based on EDI / Electronic Commerce best practices.
* Provide consulting services to customer on business application requirements needed to support trading partner EDI / Electronic Commerce requirements.
* Provide leadership to the mapping and analyst team on best practices and clients implementation methodologies.
* Review project team deliverables for technical consistency and approves prior to client review.
* Train and act as a mentor to Jr. level analysts and map developers.
* Work on multiple, large, complex projects.
* Consult with customer on requirements for integration with clients Active products.
* Establish priorities for map development based on project requirements.
* Assign work to analysis and mapping teams.
* Assist in identifying and resolving issues during unit and customer acceptance testing.
* Provide status reports and escalate issues to Project Manager.
* Manage to project schedule and requirements.
* Up to 35% travel may be required
Required Experience & Knowledge:
* Eight years EDI / EC / B2B experience as an EDI business analyst.
* Excellent knowledge of clients AI mapping requirements or equivalent translation product.
* Experience with X12, EDIFACT, TRADACOMS and XML standards.
* Proven analytical skills with the ability to solve complex client problems.
* Proven ability to provide technical leadership.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor of Science in Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
* Knowledge in one or more industries such as Transportation, Automotive, Petroleum, High-tech, Retail or Healthcare.