Summary: Under the general direction of the Senior Business Intelligence Manager, the Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of reporting solutions within our ERP (Dynamics AX) and an external Data Warehouse. This role is expected to partner with the different business groups to manage and execute the full life cycle of BI projects from initiation to implementation. As part of the BI Team, you will also be responsible for researching and implementing new tools and technologies that provide better data visualization for our business users.
1. Manage the full life cycle of BI projects: interview customers; capture and document requirements; analyze and validate data needs; design and develop the end reporting solution; manage the implementation; test and train users.
2. Develop and support our existing Data Warehouse: capture requirements for new dimensions and fact tables; analyze and build ETL processes to move data from source systems to data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS); build tables, indexes, etc. to properly store and deliver data.
3. Develop, monitor and support our daily and nightly ETL processes: support various ETL packages developed in SSIS, which run both daily and nightly; take initiative in enhancing packages or troubleshooting packages when errors occur (daily and nightly).
4. Develop reports built off of our Data Warehouse using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS): Develop stored procedures, views, etc. to pull together all of the data required for a given report; develop reports in SSRS and ensure completeness with the end users; train users when applicable.
5. Develop and enhance our analytical cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS): develop and support Applegate?s 4 analytical cubes using SSAS; become a subject matter expert on how to properly construct a cube report in Excel; train users on how to develop proper cube reports.
6. Participate in researching and implementing new BI tools and technologies that provide better visualization and collaboration features with regards to reporting; evaluate vendor packages; help implement pilot systems; become a resident expert on any new purchased BI tools or technologies; host training sessions; and develop reports or dashboards using any new BI tools or technologies.
7. Build reports or forms in our Dynamics AX ERP: Work with business units to either develop new forms\reports or enhance existing forms\reports in our ERP; develop or enhance reports using X++ programming language for the business logic and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for the end report; schedule and participate in code review sessions to ensure best practices and standards were followed.
8. Keeps abreast of IT industry best practices and leverages newer technologies that support self-service BI and applies that knowledge to provide innovative business solutions
• Bachelor?s Degree in computer science, or Microsoft Business Intelligence Certification
• 4+ years of solid experience in corporate reporting and data analysis environment
• Expert knowledge of the following database technologies: SQL Server 2012, TSQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
• Proven experience building data warehouses for database modeling and ETL design (using the Kimball methodology a strong plus)
• Basic understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts required
• Programming experience in either X++, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET or any other object oriented programming language required
• Any experience integrating BI technologies with SharePoint is a strong plus
• Any experience with MDX a strong plus
• Any experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX development a plus
• Working knowledge of operating systems and platforms to include software and hardware, programming techniques, and database technologies.
• SharePoint 2010/2013, MS Reporting Tools: PowerView, PowerPivot, PerformancePoint, Microsoft Dynamics AX