Client Science Team is looking for an exceptional Systems Engineer to join its Implementation Team.
The candidate is expected to have passion for optimization and automation of software solutions. The ideal candidate would possess a proven track record of optimization, automation and refinement of custom software packages developed in-house in SAS. Moreover, the candidate needs to understand ETL concepts (prior exposure/experience is extremely helpful) as well as ability to apply technical expertise to system design and development.
• Analyze requirements for implementation of Science quantitative models.
• Design and implement custom scripts in a various technologies such as Perl, Python, Shell, etc.
• Utilize best practices for Unit Testing and anticipate points of failure. Implement appropriate error handling and audit logic where necessary.
• Provision and implement configuration changes.
• Troubleshoot process execution problems and work with other team members to correct them.
• Tune existing solutions.
• Advanced/Expert level experience in SAS.
• Experience in shell scripting/PERL or Python is a plus.
• Prior direct experience in ETL.
• Advanced SQL .
• Prior experience w/ Netezza is a plus
• Experience with enterprise job scheduling tools i.e. Autosys is a plus
• Experience working/leading virtual teams is a strong plus
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience