Description of Work:
Field inspection and coordination of construction work with emphasis on Structural aspect. Will be required to, but not limited to, the review of shop drawings and as-built drawings, development of Scopes of Work and estimates for Additional Work Orders, coordinate TA Labor Services, and inspections of field activities to ensure that the Contract requirements are met. In addition to duties as described, the following may also be required:
• Attend Design Progress Meetings and conduct Field Trips to investigate and document various field conditions.
• Perform various support tasks such as Master Plans, Design EFA, Design Progress Reports, Project Status Reports, Distribution of documents for review and monitor comments log.
• Prepare Excel, Access and Word reports including graphs, bar charts, plots, etc.
• Provide support in processing consultant payments & preparing Bid Documents.
• Perform various document control activities including logs, reports, etc.
• Monitor cost control reports and take corrective action.
• Other Capital Programs support as deemed appropriate by Construction Administrator.
A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in Civil/Structural Engineering.
The candidate will need a minimum of 5 years construction/design experience as a civil/structure engineer or inspector for a large and/or complex projects management.
Special Skills/Training Requirements:
Ability to read and interpret Contract drawings and specifications. Familiar with Construction Management Procedures. Ability to communicate effectively with excellent written, verbal and communication skills.