Share this article:
23 Ways a Researcher Will Help You Make More Placements in Less Time
You have probably heard of the 80/20 rule, which says 80% of your results come from 20% of your efforts. With a well trained researcher, you can focus on the 20% that produces results and virtually nothing else. A skilled researcher will allow performers to focus on "money activities" and closing deals and will free up a ton of valuable time.
Some researchers are admin oriented whereas others function more as “junior recruiters”. I’ve used researchers for several years and have had them perform a large variety of tasks in my office. Here are 23 things a researcher can do for your firm:
Send out follow up email marketing information (articles, newsletters, candidate hot lists etc.) to clients and prospects.
- Generate marketing leads using the web and company databases to develop reports.
- Prepare a “hot list” of candidates for email marketing.
- Return low level messages for senior staff.
- Make follow up marketing calls to dormant clients.
- Gather key data from client websites: contact names, systems used by that company, buzzwords. This can be tracked and then later searched.
- Name gathering, sourcing and pre-qualification of candidates.
- Point person for handling split placements with other firms.
- Handle interview travel arrangements.
- Client visits with the senior staff (adds credibility to bring your “Research manager”).
- Cover for staff when on vacation.
- Answer the telephone/ screen calls.
- Post all jobs to relevant sites.
- Screen all incoming resumes.
- Schedule interviews.
- Conduct reference checks via a standardized, professional format.
- Web page administration and refinement.
- Web research for industry information: gives you just the best parts. Reading industry news feeds on mergers and acquisitions etc. and feeds it to your team.
- Keep the database contacts fresh and standardize data entry.
- Create PDF’s for your articles or marketing materials.
- Water plants, sort mail, keep supplies stocked.
- Gary Stauble
Gary Stauble is the principal consultant for The Recruiting Lab, a coaching company that assists Firm Owners and Solo Recruiters in generating more profit in less time. His free monthly e-zine, “Creative Recruiting” will help you to attract premium clients, make more placements, and still be home in time for dinner. Subscribe today at www.therecruitinglab.com. There are also over 20 free Special Reports online covering advanced marketing, firm management and recruiting best practices. For more information or to schedule a Business Checkup, visit the site or call 408-847-5049.
Copyright 2004-2005 Gary Stauble - All Rights Reserved
Would you like to use this article in your publication or newsletter? You have permission to do so as long as you do 2 things:
- Include the complete byline listed below anytime you run the article.
- Let me know that you'll be using it. Simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.