Share this article:
Website Marketing Ideas
Techniques to drive more traffic…more candidates…and more sales
"If you build it, they will come."
Well, that may be true…if you happen to live in A Field of Dreams! The reality is that a great website is only great if people use it. And people will only use it if they know about it…
Most of us invest thousands (or even tens of thousands) creating our company websites. We want our sites to be professional, informative and exciting. We want our sites to make great first impressions, and we want clients and candidates to return again and again.
Yet most of us spend about $1.98 promoting our websites.
Is the Investment Worth It?
You may be asking yourself, do I really need to worry about marketing my website? Afterall, we already have a sales force. We already have recruiters. Why invest in getting people to go to a place that doesn't make me money?
In today's market, your website is among your most critical sales and recruiting tools. It can and will both make you money and save you money. Here's why:
Getting People to Your Site
- Give them a reason to come
Take a look at your website through the eyes of a prospective client or candidate. Ask yourself the question "what's in it for me?" What content, tools or features does your site offer that makes someone want to visit?
Here are a few ideas:
a. Fill your site with interesting, relevant and entertaining content
- Articles on staffing best practices
- Articles on hiring and managing people
- Articles on career management
- Whitepapers explaining staffing strategies
- News – local or industry information
- Interactive tools
- Salary checker
- Cost of living calculator
- Games (don't underestimate the value of fun!)
- Online training
- Pre-employment forms
- Search jobs / Search candidates
- Online application
- Client orientation information
- Client extranet for checking order status, timesheet approval, usage reports, etc.
So how do you get people to your site? Simple. Promote it…everywhere. Here are a few ways to drive clients and candidates to your website:
a. Online promotion
- E-mail current clients and prospects – promote specific content and features
- E-mail candidates and referral sources – promote hot jobs and other resources
- E-newsletters – drive people back to your site for content
- Banner ads
- Chamber of commerce sites
- Local SHRM chapter site
- Local job finder / apartment finder
- Local newspaper website
- Buy sponsored links or keywords on google or overture – you can buy locally now
- Exchange links with other firms
- Give away content that's linked back to your site
- Job postings – refer people back to your job board to apply
- Conduct search engine optimization to improve your rankings on search engines
- Promote specific content in your e-mail signature
b. Offline promotion
- Include your website URL on everything you mail and handout
- Use the back of your business cards to promote content that's on your website
- Create paycheck stuffers to promote your job board and candidate content
- Add "PS's" to your correspondence reminding people about content on your website
- Send postcards to promote features of your site and offers
- Direct mail a copy of your website on a mini-CD
- Use radio to promote contests and content that's available on your site
- Drop off samples of content that's available on your site to clients and prospects
- Classified ads – drive people to your site for complete details on job opportunities
- Write articles for other publications and websites – link content back to your site
- Direct people to your website in your voice mail and onhold messages
- Create business cards promoting your website that temporary employees can distribute
Remember, Haley Marketing can help! Whether you need assistance with direct marketing to get the door open or nurture marketing to keep it open, call on us. We have two new, and very cost effective solutions that can help your business to stand-out, stay top-of-mind, and increase sales.
Just give us a call if you'd like to know more: 1-888-696-2900.