Share this article:
23 Ways a Researcher Will Help You Make More Placements in Less Time
You have probably heard of the 80/20 rule, which says 80% of your results come from 20% of your efforts. With a well trained researcher, you can focus on the 20% that produces results and virtually nothing else. A skilled researcher will allow performers to focus on "money activities" and closing deals and will free up a ton of valuable time.
Some researchers are admin oriented whereas others function more as “junior recruiters”. I’ve used researchers for several years and have had them perform a large variety of tasks in my office. Here are 23 things a researcher can do for your firm:
Send out follow up email marketing information (articles, newsletters, candidate hot lists etc.) to clients and prospects.
- Generate marketing leads using the web and company databases to develop reports.
- Prepare a “hot list” of candidates for email marketing.
- Return low level messages for senior staff.
- Make follow up marketing calls to dormant clients.
- Gather key data from client websites: contact names, systems used by that company, buzzwords. This can be tracked and then later searched.
- Name gathering, sourcing and pre-qualification of candidates.
- Point person for handling split placements with other firms.
- Handle interview travel arrangements.
- Client visits with the senior staff (adds credibility to bring your “Research manager”).
- Cover for staff when on vacation.
- Answer the telephone/ screen calls.
- Post all jobs to relevant sites.
- Screen all incoming resumes.
- Schedule interviews.
- Conduct reference checks via a standardized, professional format.
- Web page administration and refinement.
- Web research for industry information: gives you just the best parts. Reading industry news feeds on mergers and acquisitions etc. and feeds it to your team.
- Keep the database contacts fresh and standardize data entry.
- Create PDF’s for your articles or marketing materials.
- Water plants, sort mail, keep supplies stocked.
- Gary Stauble
Gary Stauble is the principal consultant for The Recruiting Lab, a coaching company that assists Firm Owners and Solo Recruiters in generating more profit in less time. His free monthly e-zine, “Creative Recruiting” will help you to attract premium clients, make more placements, and still be home in time for dinner. Gary offers Free how-to Articles, Tools & Special Reports online to assist you in building your firm. Learn more now at www.therecruitinglab.com